NewPhase Full Gospel Church
Davidville, #08, Dr. Dan Iya St. Opposite Unity Bank, Mararaba
NEWPHASE FOCUS CARE GROUP FELLOWSHIP
TOPIC:- STRATEGIES FOR FULFILLING PROPHECIES
INTRODCUTION “2014: My Year of Divine Manifestation”
WHAT IS A PROPHECY? (Let the people define it the way they understand it first).
- A prophecy is an inspired utterance by an anointed servant of the Lord predicting a future event that should bring a change in the lives of the people of God.
- They are words spoken under the unction of the Holy Spirit revealing the mind of the Lord towards His people.
- A prophecy is a message from the Lord to His people.
It can be a word from the heart of the messenger in line with the word and the will of God, or from the mouth of the Lord which was heard by the messenger before uttering it (Isaiah 44:26; John 6:63; Ezk. 37:1-12).
It is not every one with a message that is sent by God. (Jer. 23:21; Jer. 29:9; Ezk. 13:6).
- A prophetic message of God’s good plan for you that you do nothing about may never come to pass in your life. (Dan. 9:1-3).
- Prophecies must be turned to weapons of good warfare to commit God and stop the enemy from interfering with the blessing (1 Tim. 1:18-19; 1 Tim. 4:14; 1 Tim. 6:12).
How do we handle prophecies to be fulfilled?
1. Believe the prophecy (1 Thess. 5:20; 1 Thess. 4:8; Luke 1:45)
2. Believe in the Messenger (2 Chro. 20:20; John 14:1)
3. Meditate on the message content of the prophecy (1 Tim. 4:15)
4. Turn it to a prayer point (Dan. 9:2-3; 1 Tim. 1:18)
5. Take necessary steps of faith towards actualizing the promise (1 Tim. 4:15).